Tuesday 3 November 2009

Mr. Gecko, massage and splashing

Last night I slept the best night so far, only woke up once around 3.30am! Dunno what woke me up tho, might’ve been because of my new pal Mr. Gecko’s interesting noices, or then it’s just jet lag still. Going into the bathroom this morning there was mr. Gecko waiting for me, running around on the wall like a maniac - they really are more scared of people than we are of them, that’s for sure! Anyways, he’s back again tonite, sitting on my wall right by the entrance, guarding the door for any mosquitos or flies :) really a useful guy that one ;)

So today I had my first almost-free day! Made some preparations during the morning - tomorrow’s our official first day of the new season, and lots of stuff had to be done for that... C’s been going on it like crazy the whole week, and now we finally have the holiday planner in our hands ready to kick off this season! After having finished the drawings for treasure hunt maps and name tags, my task for today, I sat down with my computer in the reception and got to talk to mom & dad, t’was great :) Then lunch with the gang and afterwards I headed back to staff house to cool down for an hour or so - awful bike-ride home, it was SO hot! No wind whatsoever and almost no shadows...pff. But I made it to staff house, where I met up with C & L a little later to go to the beach! ahh, that was lovely! The water was so warm and the waves just big enough... first time swimming in Thailand, not bad :) after having washed off all the sweat from the hot bike-run we headed for the massage tent close to the resort. Full body massage, 60 min., 300TBH (6€), fabulous! Almost fell asleep during the first half when my masseuse lady did my back and legs, absolutely lovely!

C & L decided to get a foot massage done afterwards, so I grabbed my pal mr. Camera and headed out to the beach just as the sun began to set. Beautiful shades of blue and lots of coconuts and mussels. At least now I have proof I’ve been to the beach at least once :) Having finished my photo round and the girls having finshed their pedicures, we headed for la Tasca to enjoy a great meal for free once again. Gai Phan Nat, yummy! :) And again, just as we finished eating and were about to leave for Lotus to get C’s new-old phone, the rain began... ran for cover but still got sooo wet. Sat in the staff room for some time throwing a beach ball to keep ourselves entertained :) ...and the bike-ride home was once again muddy and wet. And who was waiting when I got home? Mr. Gecko of course :)

No comments:

Post a Comment