Tuesday 3 November 2009

Season start! (sunday)

Today, Sunday, was the true start of the winter season with new schedules and new activities, and new staff of course ;) My morning started off in one of our cute hairy mascots, doing a round in the breakfast area while kids came to hug me and take pics with me, it’s just wonderful seeing how the kids’ light up when seeing one of the hairy things :) Can’t mention any of them by name I’m afraid - comany policy ;)

After having endured a sweaty and hot 15 mins inside the suit it was time for some drawing for a while until the treasure hunt began. 4 kids today, yay. Not the best outcome possible, but then again it’s not high season yet and the hotel’s pretty much empty. The hunt went pretty well anyhow and the kids definitely seemed to have fun! Finding the treasure which was filled with lots of candy definitely helped ;)
Following the treasure hunt was lunch and a 1,5h break - which I naturally spent under the hot sun and in the warm Andaman sea :) Was supposed to have play & splash after the break, but no kids showed up so we swam a bit more. Not a bad job I’d say ;) Pretty much after the play & splash my day ended and so I headed for Tesco Lotus and bought some necessities... then headed home and got a shower, changed clothes and went back to the hotel for dinner...and took a minute and went with my camera for a walk on the beach, lovely sunset and tasty colors :) After dinner headed home for a while before going back, again, to the hotel to listen to the premier show of the show & entertainment team. Surprise surprise the rain crept up on me again, along with some bright lightning and thunder. Just another day in paradise eh? ;) at least I got home before the heaviest rain began falling. Now wondering how the heck to get back to the hotel in less than an hour....hmm...

Edit 1.45am:

Just got back from Beer Garden - fun fun night! First we went with C, L & V to see the show at the hotel, and let me tell u, it was absolutely awesome!! Just fabulously great! Some people from Patong even came to see the show, amongst them S, one of my teachers during the guide training in Mallorca this summer. Was good seeing her, and guess I’ll be seeing her more often from now on.
Afterwards all of us (miniland+fitness+show) went for a beer to the Swedish-owned Beer Garden by the main street in Bang Tao, great place! The only bad part of the night was my bike, and the fact that the back wheel got smashed - the walk back to staff house with C was interesting and very slow, to say the least... got to get my bike fixed as soon as possible..!

Tomorrow’s our day off, gonna head down to Surin Beach with at least C & L, probably V & B as well :) Surin Beach is said to be really beautiful and quite luxurious, plus there’s a great big market place, really looking forward to that! :)

But anyways, great day in every way, and looking forward to a great day 2moro! In the need of some serious sleep now, my right foot looks like an elephant’s because of all the mosquito bites....not nice. But good night all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment